Friday, March 26, 2010

Icing on the cake!!

OK, so i haven't blogged for a bit and I had a funny thing happen to me. I have been trying to perfect a few of my recipes and as funny as it is lately I've been really playing with my icings. Thumbing through one of my recipe books (that I've owned for 11 years )land on a similar icing recipe to the one that I've been trying to perfect! It occured to me that this is a wonderful metaphor for my life, i have had the tools and the directions but, choose to go at it alone after changing this and that finding the right texture, taste and consistency.... there it is in simple step by step directions. I thought about this a little more, yes the guidance was there and I had a general know how but had I not played and changed it I wouldn't know that recipe by heart, I wouldn't understand it. So be it. Play with your own life add as much spice or sweetness as you want don't be afraid to try new things as sometimes the most unexpected things make the best flavors!! Be generous, share your recipes and knowledge with others let them make it their own! I don't know about you but, my dessert is always better when shared!! love ya