Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Be a filler upper not a dumper!!

Mckaydee came home from school the other day and said "Mom, do you know you have a bucket on your elbow?" puzzled I looked at her and said "I do?" of course looking down to see if i had anything stuck to my arm. Nothing there. "Yeah, everyone does." she said, " when someone does something to you that makes you feel bad. They dump out your bucket, but if someone does something nice for you, like... pick you up when you fall down or tells you sorry they fill your bucket back up! Its filled with rainbows! I'm a filler upper, not a dumper." I told her I was proud of her for always being so nice to her friends and gave her a hug as she bounced out of the room to be off on her next adventure. I sat there for a minute amazed at the unique ways the Lord comes up with to remind me and everyone else these simple precepts to live by. One simple concept can change the way we view things. Its something we all know but just need to be reminded. I am so proud of my kids for learning and understanding these lessons and striving to do the right things. So look around you, picture a little bucket attached to everyones arms around you, are they full?? is your own full?? what are you doing to fill them?? Imagine a world or even just your world with filled buckets! I imagine those rainbows shine quite brightly. Today be a filler upper, not a dumper!!

No comments: