Thursday, April 8, 2010

Pre-school!!!

I had the pleasure of going to Haidyn's pre school with him today! What a loving little boy! He made sure I was included with every activity they were doing. He is turning 5 this month so he will be off to kindgarden and I know he will do fine he is so thoughtful and fun loving. I on the other hand am super nervous. I know it's inevitable he's growing up! the sad thing is he has all of our families "last firsts!" and with that the knowledge that time must move on. I must move on and continue to grow as well. I look back 5 years ago and it is almost unrecognizable so much has changed in the last few years. My children are all in school (most of the day). They need me less and less for those everyday things, things that used to be tiring. Now I almost miss those few uninterrupted moments of 2 a.m. feedings. (Not that I miss no sleep) just the simple quiet connections.
I know this new chapter is still full of firsts... I just am glad I can revel in the moments .. these ones just before the changes when I am still close to the past but, am excited for the future. I challenge you to look at the past 5 years?? whats new?? whats easier?? whats missed?? Thank you Haidyn for reminding me that courage comes in all sizes and for showing me unconditional love every-single day!!
















2 comments:

Lacy said...

My whole world has changed in five years! I can't even comprehend the differences. I'm not sure anything is much the same, but it's all for the better and I'm so thankful for that!

Justin and Steph said...

I know exactly what you mean.....so miss the rocking them to sleep at night! I wish I could turn back the clock someday just for a few minutes to capture those moments again. Although there are so many I capture at the ages they are at now and know that there are many more to come!