Sunday, April 18, 2010

Spring Fever.......

I am so excited for spring I cant stand it!! We have been planting our bulbs and pruning our plants and just being out in the beautiful weather. there is just something about the newness in the air. I have just been thinking about mothers day with it just around the bend and how much I love my mom and the other matriarchs in my life.
I am always amazed at the strength my mother had being a single mom of four. ( my three keep me on my toes, with Toms help). What a special job for us mothers to do, take care of our Father in Heavens precious spirits. Not only do we want to see them grow and thrive he is guiding us to help his children so that they may live with him once again.
I look at my kids and know that I would walk through fire for them so I cannot imagine the strength of our Fathers love for all of us. I wanted to say thank you to my mom for all the lessons she has taught me. I have learned to be humble and thankful. She has taught me respect for all people and she has taught me a great work ethic. I have also learned from her that our children can become great friends. Enjoying time with one another I love being with my mom and hope my children will want to hang around when they are on their own. I also want to thank my sister-in-law Brenda she has been a great matriarch figure to me as well, she is always self sacrificing and wanting to do the best for her kids, she is so patient and fun loving, she is always ready to try new things. I am amazed at how many lessons i have learned in my life by just simply sitting back and observing, looking at how people react to situations and then deciding if that is how I would like to be perceived.
My best friend steph has taught me that its ok to be a mother bear ready to attack anything that messes with her cubs! I can sometime be to complacent and need reassurance that I have the right to tell anyone what I think when it comes to my babies. My sister Kristy always takes the time to do "fun" stuff (even if it means a mess) and she reminds me to take it easy and not sweat the small stuff! How I miss my grandma Swanson, she taught me one of the greatest lessons of all, leave whom ever you come in contact with better than when you found them,(if they are in a good mood or not!!) and she had a way of making each one of us feel special. I think to her we all were. I cannot express my gratitude enough to all the women out there that have shaped and inspired who I am and who I am striving to be. I know that though my kids can be a handful the Lord placed each one of them in my hands with the confidence that I would be able to give them the love and direction to become successful when they reach adulthood. I am so grateful that I have had the opportunity to be a mother and to be able to cherish all the blessings that come with it. Thank you to all the moms who inspire me daily to do the best that I can. with love Keri

No comments: